Candle Burning Tips
- Don't burn candles in a draft. If the wick is flickering and being blown towards one side
of the candle, the draft is too strong. Either move the candle to a less drafty location, or extinguish the
- Center the wick each time you extinguish the flame. Candles always burn better when the
wick is directly in the center. But wicks tend to get off-center a lot of times. so just use a pencil or
something to push the wick back to the center after the candles flame has been put out.
- Trim the wick before each lighting. Wicks that are too long can cause a candle to smoke or
burn too quickly.
- Keep burning candles out of reach of children and pets. Cat owners need to be extra
cautious since cats can jump up onto tables and shelves.
- Always burn your candles on a heat resistant surface.
- Don't burn candles on a bookshelf if there's a shelf above the candle. You'd be surprised
how many people don't consider this when placing candles throughout their house.
- Don't burn candles next to curtains or wall coverings that may catch on